Program Manager, Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute (BCLI)
The Program Manager of BCLI is responsible for the implementation of the Bay Area Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute. This includes working with our community partners to identify candidates, designing the BCLI curriculum and recruiting speakers, and supporting the placement of the BCLI fellows onto boards and commissions.
Job Specific skills/subject knowledge:
- Experience with training, facilitation, and curriculum development.
- Knowledge of the field and experience with race and class focused trainings that integrate a social, environmental, economic, or gender lens.
- Experience working with or significant exposure to grassroots organizing.
- Political acumen and prior experience developing and implementing social/environment justice policy campaigns.
- Knowledge and experience working on regional equity, urban planning, and housing rights from an equity perspective.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented. Takes initiative, is creative and resourceful.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work well under tight deadlines.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Preferred, but not required:
- Ability to build effective relationships with community, policy, labor, and government stakeholders; existing relationships in Bay Area politics and social/environmental justice organizations a plus.
- BCLI alum and/or familiarity with the program, a plus but not required.
The position requires travel throughout the nine Bay Area counties, and some evening and weekend activities that may include, but are not limited to, meetings and workshops.
Salary Range: $62,000 to $75,000, DOE
Applications due Monday August 7. Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Program Manager BCLI” in the subject line of your email.
Urban Habitat is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position. www.urbanhabitat.org