How to Apply or Nominate a Candidate
The Nomination Packet is Ready!
Nominations are now due August 1st, 2013
The BCLI program will now run from October - March.
We look forward to your applications.
Feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
How to Nominate Candidates
Urban Habitat invites organizations to nominate to the BCLI individuals from within their organizations, campaigns, and networks. Nominees may be affiliated with organizations in several ways, including as staff member, project partner, and community partner.How to Nominate Candidates
Ideal nominees should:
- Be personally focused on advancing equity for low-income people and people of color.
- Have experience advocating for equity issues, preferably in terms of working through relationships that cut across sectors (including nonprofit, labor, government, business, and faith).
- Have a demonstrated commitment to social, economic, and environmental justice either as a core personal/professional mission or as part of a personal/professional mission.
- Have some level of experience working on one or more local and/or regional planning issues, such as transportation justice, equitable development, affordable housing, quality jobs, environmental justice, and environmental health.
- Be well-regarded among advocates, preferably from across sectors, including those working inside and outside the decision-making system for local and regional jurisdictions.
- Have at least a working knowledge of how decisions are made at the local and regional level in their jurisdictions.Have some experience interacting with local decision makers at the various levels of governance (e.g., commissioners and agency staff, city councils and advisers, and elected officials and staff).
- Be credible and professional, with no foreseeable obstacles to appointment.
Program Cycle and Timeline
The BCLI supports one cohort a year on the following timeline:
- Nomination Packet and Target Seats Released: May 16
- Program Information Sessions: June
- Nominations Accepted: May 20 - August 1
- Interviews: August - September
- Cohort Selection Finalized: September 15
- Training Sessions: October - March
- Graduation Reception: Late March
|2013 Nomination Packet.doc||775 KB|
|2013 Target Seats List.doc||448 KB|